Sunday, September 2, 2012

First Line Improv For Ages 7-12

ACTING GAME

FOR AGES 7 -12


 FIRST LINE IMPROV 


1) Tell the class that they’re going to perform a scene with a partner, and you will give them the opening line.

2) Choose two students to perform a scene.

3) Give students a situation and a first line using the suggestions below (or make up your own). Select a student to deliver the first line.

4) Have the class begin each scene by saying, “AND ACTION!”

Scene                          First Line


on a hike                     “How much further is it?”

babysitting                  “Okay, it’s time for bed.”

on a pirate ship           “Where’s me treasure map?”

at the senior center    “Speak up sonny, I can hear a thing!”        

teenager party            “I just got my drivers license!”        

in the hospital            “The operation was a complete success.”

principal’s office        “We need to talk to about your behavior.”

at the bus stop            “Do you smell that?”

in gym class                “Uh oh, I think I just hurt myself.”

on the playground      “I bet you can’t do this.”

at the movies              “This is too scary. I can’t watch!”






No comments:

Post a Comment