Monday, August 27, 2012

The Egg Acting Game For Ages Three and Up!

ACTING GAME 

FOR AGES THREE AND UP


T H E   E G G

How to play

1) Ask students to find a place on the floor and to get into an egg position by crouching down, tucking their heads in.

2) Tell students to say, “Don’t talk to me, I’m in my egg.” Then say, “I’m very busy in my egg.” Finally say, “Just call my cell phone, I’m in my egg.” Then have students return to the egg position.

3) Choose an action to perform using the suggestions below.

4) Ask the class to count to three, then rise up from their egg positions and perform together. Allow the class to act for a few moments.

5) Tell the class to say, “Back to the egg!” Then students return to their original egg position.

6) Choose three or more actions of your own or use the suggestions below.

Egg Suggestions

Hatch into Dinosaurs
Grow like seeds
Float like snowflakes 
Turn into robots
Swim like fish
Grow into giants
Fly like hummingbirds

Try Emotions: 
happy, sad, silly, shy, excited, surprised, angry, sneaky, etc.


CLICK HERE FOR MORE THEATRE GAMES 


CLICK HERE FOR VIDEOS



1 comment:

  1. We'd like to use this blog to create a place for educators to discuss creative learning. Please post any questions you have, topics you would like to address, successful strategies that have helped your classroom, home, library, camp, or theatre class and we'll do our very best add some insight.
    Thanks in advance to all of you who are participating and for inspiring children around the world.

    ReplyDelete