Sunday, October 28, 2012

Halloween Acting Game for Ages 4-9

HALLOWEEN ACTING GAME FOR AGES 4-9

IGNITE THE IMAGINATION, SPRING INTO ACTION AND HAVE AN EGG-CELLENT TIME!
 
HOW TO PLAY

1) Ask students to find a place with plenty of room then demonstrate the egg position, crouching down on the floor, tucking the head in.

2) Have the students get down into the egg position.

3) Ask class to say, “Don’t talk to me, I’m in my egg.” Then say, “I’m very busy in my egg.” or “Just call my cell phone, I’m in my egg.”

4) Read one action, from the list below, and have the class rise from their egg positions and begin acting.

HALLOWEEN EGG Suggestions
  • Grow like a pumpkin on a vine.
  • Glow like a jack-o-lantern.
  • Become magical wizards casting spells.
  • Grow wings and fly like a wise old owl.
  • Become elves making Halloween candy.
  • Turn into sleepwalking zombies.
  • Trick or treat down the street.

5) Allow the class to act for a moment and then instruct everyone to return to the egg position by saying, “Back to the egg.”

6) Choose three or four actions, between each one the class returns to the egg position.

 

 CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE "HALLOWEEN FUN PAC" GAMES, MUSIC & ACTIVITIES

KIDS LOVE PLAYING THE HALLOWEEN EGG GAME!

 



2 comments:

  1. Great game with plenty of positive results. AND...What is truly amazing is how the students quickly and excitedly tuck back down upon hearing the command, "Back to the egg!"- it's like honey to the bee. Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! That is soooooooo true! I have witnessed full throttle joy with kids when engaged in this activity. FYI - this Halloween game can be played with a large number of students or just a few, another bonus! Wishing everyone a Happy Halloween!!!

    ReplyDelete